Total Pageviews

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Last day of the long weekend! Well, it has been a pretty good weekend. Clarinda and I did some sewing on Saturday and also some shopping. I got some Yellow and Black material on clearance at JoAnn's. I had a coupon for 15% off at Mason Jar and got some pretty brown and pink material there. We also went to Fabric Shack and I picked up a nice charm pack to make a wedding present for a lady at work. On Sunday, I sewed some more 9-patches and David and I went to the movies in the afternoon. Today, I worked on making a little puppy for Melissa's son Jack, I found the pattern at Fabric Shack. He likes the Avengers and Captain America so I got some of that material to make the puppy. I got most of it sewn tonight, just need to put the eyes and spots on to finish it up.
I also bought some material this weekend to make curtains for the kitchen. I've been looking in the stores for some curtains I like but could never find anything. So, I got this material for JoAnn's for half price. I need to get the rods to hang them up and then I will take a picture of them hanging.
Here is the pattern for the little puppy I am making.
Here is the puppy part of the way assembled. I need to put the spots and eyes on still and then stuff and sew it up.
I am going to make Melissa's daughter Clarissa a doggy with this princess material. She likes to were pink and thinks she is a princess so this material is quite fitting.
This is the pretty pink and brown material that I got at Mason Jar. Not sure what I am going to make with it yet but I am sure it won't be long before I do.
Here is a picture of my baby boy on his last day of high school (Friday). The seniors had to dress up for their last day. Beryl and Mark will be here Wednesday and his graduation is on Saturday. Can't believe he is all grown up already. All right, I have to get to bed, got to work tomorrow. I'll be taking half days starting Wednesday so that will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment