Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Prep Work

I started pulling out all of the stuff I need to take to the retreat. I cut the 4 panels for the rug I am going to make Beryl and found the backing I wanted to use. I just finished cutting the material for Jack's quilt, it will be the same pattern as the Couch Quilt. Tomorrow I am going to JoAnn's to pick up the thread and few extras that I will need. Tomorrow afternoon I am going to cut the Take 5 quilt and the rest of the material for Mark's Japanese quilt. I packed up the completed Couch Quilt and the flag wall hanging to take for show and tell. I am thinking I am going to take the larger quilts to a lady Melissa takes her quilts to get quilted. I just don't feel like crawling around on the floor pinning all of those layers. It is okay on the smaller quilts but when you get into the full size and above it is quite a pain. Not much else going on today. I had reflexology done this morning and it was so relaxing I came home and took a nap! I picked up a couple pies from a local pie shop, they are really good. It was an overcast, humid day, didn't get any rain though thank goodness. We had thunderstorms last night and I think we are supposed to have rain tomorrow night. David has been busy working on the kitchen, he got the new counter tops installed and all the trim molding up. He just has to finish patching the ceiling where he moved a light to another location. I need to get some new curtains put up and that room will be finished. The only other thing he has to do is put a closet in the front room that we turned into Jack's bedroom. That will make the house a 4 bedroom. All right, I am off to bed. I'll catch up on the prep for retreat tomorrow.
These are carnations I had Dave get me to remind me of mom on their anniversary. She loved carnations and she would have loved these.
This is the rug project I am doing for Beryl. This is the 4 stained glass panels with the backing which is a deep purple with some little birds on it.
This is the material all cut and ready to be sewn for Jack's quilt.
This is Jack and the fish he caught at his friends house.

No comments:

Post a Comment