Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Jack's Graduation

Beryl and Mark came in Wednesday afternoon for Jack's graduation. We have been having a good visit. Beryl and I went to some of the craft stores and Mark has gone to all the game and book stores. Yesterday we went to Jack's graduation. It started at 9 am and was over by about 11. It was held at the Nutter Center at Wright State University. It is a large sports complex and is where the university plays basketball and hockey, plus they host conventions and sporting events. There was about 700 graduates so they split the list in half and started with the A's on one side and the L's on the other so it went very quickly. We got to see Jack cross the stage on the big TV hanging over the arena. Otherwise we couldn't really see him. We then went to graduation lunch at Texas Roadhouse and came home to take pictures before he ran off to all of his friends graduation parties. He says he is going to have a party with his friends here at the house sometime in the coming weeks. He wants to have a bonfire in the back yard.
I finally cut my Take 5 quilt! Since Mark is occupying my craft room, I brought my cutting mat down here to the living room and cut it out while watching TV with Dave and Beryl. I have it all ready to be sewn, contemplating moving my sewing machine down here so I can start sewing. I still have about 5 blocks of the yellow and black to sew.
I also finally hung my up my curtains in the kitchen. I had to go get the correct rods to hang them up. I think they look pretty good but maybe even a little long on top. The kitchen seems to be pretty much done now. We put new countertops on and put in a stainless steel sink. We put this new light in over the sink, Dave had to move the original place for the light it was not directly over the sink and it was really hard to see the dishes in the sink so Dave has a little patching and painting left on the ceiling. We are overall really pleased with the kitchen now.

No comments:

Post a Comment