Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Yellow and Black

I started working on the Yellow and Black Disappearing 9-Patch last night. I should really be working on the Take 5 quilt but that requires cutting material and I wasn't feeling up to that. The material for the 9-patch is already cut so it is really going together quickly. So, you will see in the picture that I have sewn the 5" charm patches into 9 patch block. I will have 20 of those those all together. The 9-patch is a classic quilt block, to make the "disappearing" part you will cut the 9-patch up. So, once I have these together I will cut them in half and then turn and cut in half again so you are cutting into 4 blocks, you then move the 4 blocks around and sew them back together and your standard 9-patch will have disappeared! I will take pictures as I go along to give you step by step instructions.
Here is a typical 9-patch block.
These are the blocks I got done last night laid side by side. The yellow and black really looks nice together.
This is a sun dress I got from JoAnns. It comes like material on a bolt and they cut off how much you want and you just sew up the seam. I have had it awhile, finally got yellow thread for the yellow black quilt and finally sewed the seam.
Dave built this small deck outside the back door and between the gate and back door, it turned out really good. Need to get some plants and chairs to put on it.
These are my pretty pink roses blooming out.
These are the pink and white striped climbing roses. Melissa and I went to a cooking class tonight. We made mini-desserts. Brownies, cheesecake, lemon tarts and cookies. Everything turned out pretty good and we even got to bring some home. I'll post some more on the Yellow and Black tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment