Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Artichokes!

I went to Jungle Jim's yesterday while David went to the u-pick it. If I have not told you about Jungle Jim's yet, it is a huge grocery store with the normal produce, meat, dairy section but then the aisles are different. There are aisles and sections for just about every country in the world! It is amazing. Any way, I went to get some health foods as I am starting my umpteenth try at losing weight (will it ever end?) I swear if I didn't have tons of clothes in other sizes I probably wouldn't bother any more, I am so tired of it. Okay so I got some really good granola and mueslix which is what I was looking for. It is hard to find "clean" granola or mueslix which means no sugar or sugar like substances. I found a couple that were really close so I am going with them because I don't want to make my own, it will just be too expensive.

So, I was walking around and had pretty much everything I wanted but still no call from David and I was in produce and thought about artichokes. I have not cooked an artichoke since I left home. They grew in our back yard and we had them all the time. Well, I just cooked both of them and ate them, they were delicious (even without butter). MMMMMMMMM

I have been knitting. I have not gotten far on any project. I seem to start things and then not like them so I go back to the drawing board. But now my thumb is acting up so I schedule a cortisone shot in a couple weeks so I am not sure what all I am going to get done for presents this year, I may have to switch to sewing things. I have tons of yarn to knit though, I have had to stop going to the craft stores because I come home with more yarn, even when I go to the thrift shops I come home with yarn LOL.

I did go to the Base thrift shop today and got 3 nice blouses and a Sarah Howard dress with a jacket. I really like Sarah Howard clothes. I also got a set of 3 ceramic bowls and a mirror with roses on the frame. The bowls were really nice and I have not had any ceramic bowls that I can remember, just yucky plastic ones. The mirror will probably go on the mirror wall. I really need to get the foyer done, I can't believe how much I procrastinate doing it. David said I should just get some wallpaper to put back up LOL! I will try to work on it some this week but I am afraid my hand is not going to like it too much. I also have the kitchen to do. I need to remove wallpaper, patch holes prime and paint. In Jack's bathroom I need to use some Killz primer in there and then paint it blue and then we are going to put some wainscotting on the bottom half with a large molding at the top to create a little shelf around that corner. There isn't any counter space in there so it will help a little with that. I will probably get a new cabinet and top in there too.

All right, I am going to work on someone's Birthday present now...hmmm who has a birthday coming up soon??

1 comment:

  1. I remember the artichokes :) MMMMMM!!!!!!
    Gee, there are a couple of people with birthdays coming up........

    ReplyDelete