Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall is in the Air!


It was really chilly this morning! The leaves have started falling off. David and I will have to make our annual trip to Caesar Creek Lake to see all the beautiful colors. This is my favorite time here in Ohio.

This weekend is the Beavercreek Popcorn Festival. I have never gone but since we live so close now we will probably walk there on Saturday. Hopefully there will be some kettle corn. They have so many festivals here this time of year. Everything you can imagine, potato festival, corn festival, Greek festival, etc, etc. Next weekend (18th) is a woolgathering (like a festival) all of the custom made yarns will be on display and for sale. I really want to go but I am afraid I will want to buy everything in site! I am still waiting to see if my friend wants to go, if she doesn't go then I probably won't go.

I did some more knitting today. I put down a couple of birthday/christmas projects to see how quickly I could knit a purse pattern I found. Unfortunately, the thread is double strand and size 11 needles so that seems to really hurt my hand because it puts a lot of pressure on it. It has knit up fairly quick though so I think once I get my cortisone shot I will make up a few of these bags too. I knitted it with some thrift shop yarn that I didn't know what to do with. Here is Marley taking a nap on it, she seems to approve.

Still no word on a job. I thought I might here this week about the one I interviewed for, still one day left in the week, maybe tomorrow. I did put in for a couple more this morning. I also started checking into the classes for a real estate license. One of them starts this weekend. I am not sure I can get registered in time but we will see. I am still not sure what I want to do :)

Watching the first NFL game of the season. Since I quit NASCAR this is my new sports obsession, I am so glad it started again...but I don't think David is to happy...LOL. I will probably just try to follow the Vikings and the Bengals this year instead of trying to catch every game that comes on. Should be an interesting year for the Bengals with Ochocinco and TO on the same team...seems like a train wreck to me....

I am trying this interesting technique to make some "clean" applesauce. I had some apples that had been around for a bit and my clean eating cookbook had a recipe for making freezer applesauce. You take the apples and core/slice them, put them in ziploc bag, squeeze lemon juice on them (about half a lemon) and then put cinnamon/nutmeg in. I used pumpkin pie spice instead of just cinnamon/nutmeg that the recipe called for, I used 2 tsp. You kind of mix and roll everything around in the bag and then put it in the freezer. Tomorrow I will take it out and let it thaw some and then you are suppose to be able to just mush it all up and the skins will just fall off (you take those out) and presto you have applesauce with no sugar added. I hope it turns out good. I will post a picture when I get it done.

All right, time to sit back and watch the rest of the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment