Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rounded Corners






The only thing I have done tonight is round the corners off. I did prep the binding but when I started to pin it on, I did not like it. I am going to have to go by JoAnn's tomorrow and pick up some different binding. I was using a satin blanket binding similar to what was used in the tutorial but I really didn't like the color or the look of it.

So, for rounding the corners, I did as she did in the tutorial and used a plate to round the corners and then used the first corner to round the other three so they would all be the same. I like the look of the rounded corners but I am thinking the binding is going to be difficult to sew on, it will have to be eased in. Since I can't do the binding tonight I will go ahead and get the material cut and layered for the second quilt. It will be blue. I didn't want to make matchy-matchy twin blankets.

We have been having really nice weather lately. I was stuck inside all day at a class but got out a little early so enjoyed some warmth and sunshine. I am sure by the time the weekend rolls around it will be rainy!

Jack has prom this weekend. He picks up his tuxedo tomorrow and he got his haircut today. I am not sure if they are going to eat or any other details because he is not always forthcoming with that information. I guess that is the way it is with boys! LOL. He has a very nice looking girlfriend but I have not met her yet.

Well, hopefully I will have more to update tomorrow night. I will pick up that binding and hopefully have a complete green blanket to show tomorrow night! Here is a picture of the puppies, waiting for Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment