Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chenille Quilts are Finished!!





I finished the blue chenille quilt late last night so didn't have time to post. I think the blue one turn out better than the green one. I like how the dark blue contrasts with the lighter blue colors. I gave them to the captain this morning and he was really excited about them and asked how I made them. He said his wife was going to love them. Got to see updated pictures of the twins, they are so cute. Their names are Jack and Harrison, two really good names :).

Tonight I am going to clean up a little and pull the material out to finish up the couch quilt top. I am still unsure how to finish the edge blocks, but I need to get moving and get it done. I am going to take it with me to the retreat so I can layer it with the back and batting in a large area, I am a bit confined here in my craft room. My next craft room is going to have to be a lot bigger and have a raised table to do the layering so I don't have to crawl around on the floor.

I am going with my friends Saturday to the Fabric Shack and to the Miamisburg Quilt Show. I need to pick up a couple of fabric panels to make the chenille wall hanging that I saw hanging at Fabric Shack last time we were there. />This next week and weekend I am going to have to start cutting the quilts I want to accomplish at the retreat. I like to go and sew, I don't like cutting quilts while I am there. We are going to leave about noon on Friday, 11 May. We will hit a couple of quilt shops on the way up. Check in time is 3:00 and dinner is at 5:30. I am not sure if I described where we go in a previous post but it is a retreat center in Marie Stein, Ohio. It used to be a convent and now the church uses it to host these retreats. There are no TVs in the rooms, Internet access is limited and cell phone signal is about nonexistent. Perfect place for a retreat. We get breakfast, lunch, and dinner included in the price for the two night stay. We usually stay up late most nights, I don't usually make it to the breakfast, I find that they feed us way too much so I just skip the full breakfast and eat my peanut butter crackers in the morning. This is the third trip I have gone on with my friends Melissa and Clarinda.
Here is a link if you would like to see some pictures of the retreat center http://www.spiritualcenter.net/Photo%20pages/interior/interior-index.htm All right I am going to kick back and relax for a little bit before I pick up this room! I will post tomorrow night on the Couch Quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment