Total Pageviews

Monday, April 16, 2012

Chenille Quilt






I have been working on the chenille baby quilt tonight. I finally finished sewing all the rows last night! It took forever. So, tonight I started cutting all the layers. The backing is the block print. On the top there are four layers, all the material is flannel. The rows are cut on the bias so the material will fray when it is washed. I am only cutting through the first three layers the fourth layer will peek through and it has a print. So the first picture shows all of the sewn rows, then in the second picture I am cutting the rows using the special chenille cutter. Next picture I am showing you all the layers cut and the print peeking through. Lastly showing all the rows cut. My next step, which I hope to get done tomorrow night, will be straightening all the edges, rounding the corners, and sewing on the binding. After I do all of that it will be time to wash it and see the final results, I am really excited to see the finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment