Total Pageviews

Monday, August 23, 2010

Jobs

I've been putting in for a lot of jobs online and hadn't heard too much. This morning I got up and found two that I had not put in for and when I did I got two immediate responses which was kind of nice for a change. The first one was for a job out at the base in the C-5 program office. She forwarded my information to the hiring authority but came back and said they wanted 15 years experience. I only have 12. She thought I had a great resume so she was keeping it for other opportunities. The second job I was contacted by email and asked if I was available for an interview this week which of course I am :). I will go on Thursday at 1. It is a local company. High-tech, research and development firm. They need a subcontract person which is a pretty good job. They are located about 10 minutes away, just down the street. They have a nice building and outdoor area. I went and bought some new pants that fit to wear. I will dress in a semi-formal business attire, not a suit but close. As I drove around the building the dress seemed pretty casual so I will go one step above. We will see if anything else comes up this week! Here is the link to the company I will be interviewing at. http://www.ues.com/

I worked on a doll last night, I have it knitted, I just need to stuff it. I am not sure it is going to come out the way I really wanted. I didn't use a pattern but I knew what I wanted. It may look better once I stuff it. I also started winding some wool that I bought at a garage sale. It was in a big hank and I always get it tangled up when I try to wind it. I plan to finish winding that tonight and give my hand a break from knitting. I will get started on the second mitten tomorrow and probably start the pom-pom scarfs because they knit up really fast. I really, really, need to get my craft room cleaned up. I keep opening the door to look in there but that is about as far as it goes. LOL

I am off to do my winding!

No comments:

Post a Comment