Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Snowy March Morning

We have some snowflakes this morning. Hopefully the snow will stop soon and we will have some spring weather. It hasn't been a bad winter this year so that is two nice winters in a row. I've been very busy since I last posted and have lots of pictures to share. The plan today is to finish the wedding quilt, I can't believe it is taking me so long to finish it. I have started working on the sea spa quilt and am anxious to work on it full time but have to get this wedding quilt done first. I took a little time out to make a baby quilt for a coworker. They are having a shower for her this week. I also made my first pillowcase for the Dayton Children's Hospital, I can't believe how quick and easy they are to make! Last weekend Clarinda and I did the Heart of Ohio Shop Hop. I picked up a lot of material for making the pillow cases. Clarinda has come over last Sunday and last night and we have been working away here in the new craft room. It is nice to have her over, it keeps me motivated. Next Friday we are going to a embroidery demonstration, it is a two day event and you get to see the new designs and make a project. All right, here are the pictures from all of my activities! The above is the whole series of die cutting. The material was cut in 7 1/2" strips and folded acordian style over the die area which you can see the outline of the 6 1/2" square on the die. Once you have the folds done, place the rubber mat on top and roll through the machine and you then get all your blocks cut!! Sure beats rotary cutting, especially when you have so many blocks to cut. I also had to cut 150 2 1/2" x 7" strips to make the wave pattern so I used my 2 1/2" strip cutter and then rotary cut the strips in to 7" rectangles, it didn't take me very long at all to cut them, I forgot to take pictures though!! Well, that's all my activities for the past week or so. I am really excited to get going on the Sea Spa quilt. Going to work on the wedding quilt now!!

1 comment: