Total Pageviews

Monday, March 11, 2013

Wedding Quilt Delivered!! Finally

Well, I finally finished the wedding quilt and delivered it to the bride's mother. It turned out okay, I like the design but wasn't totally happy with the quilting. It is going to take me some time to get used to working with the long arm. The quilt caused me all kinds of troubles while I was making it and Rachel and I nicknamed it "Nemesis" didn't seem like I was ever going to finish it. Here is a picture of the final product. On Friday and Saturday, Clarinda and I went to the Anita Good Design embroidery party for 2013. The event was okay, I don't think it needed to be two days but we liked to seeing the new designs. I ended up getting a new machine that is a sewing and embroidery machine. The embroidery part of the machine can do larger designs and the sewing part is great for piecing the quilts, it sews really straight and has a built in dual feed that you really need when quilting. Clarinda and I split the cost of a embroidery club membership so we ended up getting all kinds of designs for attending the show and signing up for the club. Clarinda got to make a cute coin purse that she already had the program for but she wasn't sure how to make. We left early the second day and hit one of the close quilt shops. I got the materials to make the bunny that I want to put in a Easter basket for a silent auction we are having at work. Here are is a picture of my new machine and the bunny material and the little dress I made for the bunny. We had a big snow storm last Wednesday and got a wonderful snow day! It was the most snow we have had all year. It was nice to have the day off, it let me get some work done on the "Nemesis." I took a picture of the snow and one of Puppy taking a nice nap on a snowy day, he looked so cute laying there I couldn't resist taking a picture of him. My next project besides the bunny is the pillows and bed runner for JoAnn. I feel so bad because I have started about 3 quilts for her and I haven't been happy with any of them. She got married back in October and I am still trying to get something done for her. I liked the pillow I did to go along with the wedding quilt and the book I made that out of has another set of pillows that I am going to make for JoAnn. I am going to make three pillows with three of her wedding photos. The photos will be in the middle of the pillow with a ruffle around them. I am also going to make a bed runner to match the pillows. Here is a picture of her wedding photos (the photos will be black and white on the pillows) and the materials I will use to make the pillows and runner. She has purple in her bedroom her husband told me so I chose these materials based on that and she also commented on the "Nemesis" that it was similar to the colors in her bedroom. My other acquisition this past week is a new notebook laptop. I gave up my IPad, I just couldn't do my blog or run my embroidery designs on it so it went to Dave. He didn't like it either so I think it is now on Craig's List for sale. I am so happy to have this new thing and now maybe I will be more faithful in my blog posts. That is all the news for now! I'll be back soon to post my progress on all of my projects.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! The "Nemesis" is gone. But i have inherited it now :(

    ReplyDelete