Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Another Long Weekend! :0)

Happy Sunday!! I am having another great 3-day weekend! Yesterday Clarinda and I went to Mason Jar quilt shop, Fabric Shack, Sew-a-lot, Little Shop of Stitches, JoAnn's, and Hancock. I got some a nice panel and pattern at Mason Jar. I picked up all my material for my next large quilt which is called Spa, I will be making it in the new line from Moda called Seascape. I will post a picture of the pattern and material later. I didn't get anything at Sew-a-lot. I got some Moda plain charm packs from Little Shop. From JoAnn's I got some pillow forms and a couple other things. From Hancock I got a non-slip mat for the presser foot on my long arm. It was a quite a bit of shopping, I don't think we planned to go to that many stores but we just kept adding them on as the day went by. Next weekend we have a shop hop that we are really looking forward to, we are going to visit a bunch of stores, some that we haven't been to in awhile. Well, the wedding quilt is moving along well now. I've got the tension figured out on the long arm and I have all of the vertical rows sewn. Today, I want to get the horizontal rows done and the borders. Hoping to have all the quilting done today and to put the binding on tomorrow. I really want to get the quilt and pillow to my friend this week. The pillow and quilt still need to be washed and I will put one of the color catchers in the wash with it since it has a lot of dark and light colors, the fabric was not prewashed, I don't prewash like some quilters do, I learned from a very experienced quilter that you don't need to prewash, just spray the material with some water and iron which will help to shrink if their is any shrinkage. But there may still be some color bleeding so I use the color catcher sheets when I wash the quilt for the first time. Below are some pictures of the quilt and the pillow. Here is the final pillow with the pillow form in it. It does still need to be washed and will go in with the quilt. Here are a couple of pictures of the quilt on the long arm as you can see it is quite a lot of material to get through a machine. Hard to believe I used to push this through my normal sewing machine. This is so much better! This is a picture of the quilt top with the vertical lines sewn. Horizontal lines will be next and then you will be able to see the blocks stand out more. This is the back of the quilt showing the sew lines. They are fairly straight, I had a few spots where I had to jog over a bit because the lines on front were not perfectly straight. A couple of pictures of our babies, they love laying on daddy or laying on my couch, they just want to be near people. This is where I work, I took this picture as I left work Friday, it was snowing. Dave took me to Panera for lunch on Friday and they had .99 baked goods, I got two carrot cakes. I haven't been eating that much sugar lately and the sugar in these made me zoom! Well that is the update for now. I will take pictures once the quilt is complete and will post them then.

No comments:

Post a Comment