Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 15, 2012

One More Border

It has been a pretty good weekend. I got off early on Friday and went to a one-stop shop hop with Clarinda and Melissa. I picked up a few things there, a couple of kits and a couple of new things I hadn't seen before. Saturday Clarinda and I went to Creative Fires over in Springfield, OH. I found this great new flannel there and got a new pattern to try. It will probably be awhile before I work on this and it will probably go to the retreat with me in October. We also went to JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby while we were in Springfield. I took her out for lunch since it was her birthday and I got to ride in her brand new Ford Explorer, it was a pretty nice ride! I think it is about time for me to trade in my car for something new but Dave doesn't think so...LOL. Here are some pictures of the material I got:
These are the new fabrics that I got. The one on top is actually from last years line but I really liked it from when Melissa and Clarinda bought it last year so I took all that they had left. It will be the backing for the quilt.
This is a close up of the new floral. I really love this pattern and it goes well with the coordinating fabric.
This is the pattern I am going to use for this material. It is like a crazy quilt pattern. It is a bit involved because you aren't cutting out strips to piece together you actually cut out different shapes to put it together. Below are the pictures of the Yellow and Black quilt. I am trying to decide whether to add another border.
This is halfway through putting the borders on the sides.
This is how it looks right now. I think I will put one more boarder on it. That's it for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment