Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Disappearing 9-Patch in Yellow and Black

I finally finished Doris' quilt. I am going to pack it up and mail it out so she gets it by her birthday. I found doing the binding by hand tedious and I don't think it is as strong as doing it with the machine so I hope it will hold up. I don't imagine she will be washing it much so I think it will be okay. Here are a couple of pictures of the completed binding.
We bought a new washer and dryer on the 4th. We got a pretty good deal from Home Depot. Dave found the washer for $50 cheaper at Sears so we went back to Home Depot yesterday and they gave us the difference. We are giving Jack our old washer and dryer, his apartment has hook-ups so that will save them some money on laundry. I have been wanting a new set for a little while. The dryer has a steam setting so I wanted that for my work clothes to get wrinkles out. Here is a picture of the set we are getting. They will be delivered on the 14th.
Here are the two baskets I bought from the Amish lady. One is for magazines and the other is called a hot cake carrier but I probably won't use it for that.
I am back to working on the Yellow and Black Disappearing 9-Patch. I have 20 9-patch blocks sewn together. The next step is to cut them in half vertically and horizontally. Then rotate the block so two small blocks meet in the middle corners and two small blocks are on two of the outer edges. Once you sew all the 20 blocks together you will have a definite pattern with the small blocks. Here are some pictures of the steps. I am going to try to get all of the blocks sewn tonight and hopefully put all 20 together tomorrow. I'll then put a couple of borders around the edges and this top will be done.
That's all the news for the day. Tomorrow we are going to look at some wood flooring to put down in the new craft room. I am excited to get the bigger room to work on the larger quilts. I am putting some things on hold until I get the bigger table set up downstairs. I'll post a picture of the 9-Patch top tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment