Total Pageviews

Monday, July 9, 2012

B & Y Design Complete

I finished the disappearing 9-patch part of the Black and Yellow quilt. Next I will add borders to get it to a twin size quilt. I have quite a few different materials that came from the same fabric line to use for the borders and the backing so I will figure that out tomorrow night and get it cut. Here are some pictures of the blocks coming together.
These are the blocks before being sewn together. This is my design wall. I know you have seen it in pictures before but couldn't remember if I ever told you about it. It is made of felt and the fabric pieces stick to it so you can lay your design out and move the blocks around easily.
Here are all the blocks sewn together. You can see that I have the rows marked with ironing directions as you saw in my last quilt assembly.
These are the materials that I have to make up the borders and the backing.
On Sunday, David and I went out looking for wood flooring and paint for the new craft room. This is the paint and flooring that we decided on. I've already purchased the paint. David is going to get the flooring some time this week. Have to get Jack all moved out first. He will start moving tomorrow. That's it for now, I will post once I get the borders going.

No comments:

Post a Comment