Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Jack's Quilt Complete

Well it has been a little while since I have posted. I really did not feel well at all last week, finally went to the After Hours clinic and I had a sinus infection and ear infection. Got put on antibiotics and slowly started feeling better. I think today is the first day my head has been really clear all day. Needless to say I did not work on much through the week. Yesterday I went to the Mason Jar with Clarinda and we worked on our projects until 4:00. I was able to get Jack's quilt squared up and the binding sewn on the back. Last night I finished sewing it on the front and washed and dried it this morning and now it is all done! I am really happy with it and am now ready to work on Doris' quilt and hopefully get it done early this week. Today Clarinda and I went to Waynesville to the Fabric Shack and also the big JoAnn's. I got some material and placemat forms to make Beryl her red placemats. I also got some material to make a dress and some red & black material to make another Dragon quilt for my friend. At JoAnn's I bought the Dragon material, another black & white material to go with it. I also got some clearance material. One pretty one with flowers to hopefully make a wrap skirt. They had their rotary cutters on sale for 60% off so I got a larger one than the one I have now. Jack brought me this little rose bush Thursday night and since Friday was mom's birthday I stopped on the way home and got these pink and red carnations. I also went out with my friend for Mexican in her honor. Had carnitas and a strawberry daquari, I know she would have enjoyed it. > > > > > > Here is the finished binding on Jack's quilt. I used the back material as the binding and you can see it being sewn on the back in the first photo. I used a blanket stitch to sew it to the front using blue thread. I really like how it turned out. > > > > > These pictures shows my upcoming projects. One is the placemats for Beryl. I got a charm pack and these placemat forms from Fabric Shack, I already had the red polka dot print and I got the rick rack from JoAnn's. The next picture is some material I got online to make a dress, I saw the dress tutorial online and I ordered the fabric from the source. Then you can see the Dragon material like I used for Mark's Japanese quilt. My friend liked it so much so I am going to make her one but use floral prints and make it using the same pattern I have used for Jack and Doris' quilt. Last picture is the material I got to make a dress and a skirt. The material at the top is for the skirt and the other is for a dress. > > > These are some shots from inside Fabric Shack. The lady in the first picture is my friend Clarinda. I like this blue quilt they have hanging on the wall. > That's it for tonight. I am going to cut the binding for Doris' quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment