Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Take 5 Rows

I worked on the Take 5 last night but didn't get a chance to post because it was late when I decided I was done for the night (once again work gets in the way of quilting!) I started sewing the rows together last night and I finished tonight. The next step is to sew the two outer borders on and then get the backing pieced together. I probably won't do that until this weekend. I am going to set this aside and get the bindings done on my three other quilts. I need to get Mark's in the mail, Jack is waiting for his and Doris' birthday is next month. Below are some photos of different steps on putting the rows together. This is row 1 and 2 ready to be put together. This is showing how to put the seams together. If you remember in my last post I talked about pressing the seams in opposite directions. This shows the seams pointing in the opposite directions. You snug those seams up to each other and put a pin to keep it together until you sew. This shows the seam that was just pinned. You can see how the seam matches up on the right side of the fabric. This is showing all the seams pinned together. Here I am sewing the rows together. I like to leave the pin in the seam until I have a few stitches in the actually seam area to ensure the seams don't move. Sometimes I sew right over the pin as long as I can see that my needle is not going to hit the pin. Don't need a broken needle flying into my eye!! Here are the two rows sewn together. See how the seams line up? Here are all the rows sewn together. Like I said it still needs the two borders put on before the top will be done. This is a large twin size quilt. That's all for tonight. Tomorrow will be binding work.

No comments:

Post a Comment