Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Take 5 Quilt

Hello! Sorry it has been awhile since I posted. I was busy with our company and once they left Wednesday, I had a busy time at work and then my Miche purse party yesterday. Today has been a relaxation day...mostly, I am doing the laundry because Dave cleaned up my kitchen mess from my party. I had a really great purse party, the ladies bought about $1000 worth of merchandise so I got $140 to spend plus 4 1/2 price purse shells and 35% off any additional merchandise. I have my list all made up of what I want but I still have a few friends that are going to buy something so just waiting for the final total in case I get any more perks. Today, I have been working on the Take 5 Quilt. I went through and squared up all of the blocks. There are 6 rows of 5 blocks so 30 blocks total. The blocks squared up to 12". This will be a twin size quilt. Here are some pictures of my progress on this quilt: Here is one of the squares before I squared it up. Here it is squared up. There is only a slight difference but will be noticeable of it isn't done before piecing. These are the 5 different blocks all squared up. The 5 blocks are different the 5 different materials but in different variations. That is why it is called the Take 5 quilt. This is the chart that shows the block placement for each of the six rows. I had initially named each of the materials by color or pattern so P = plaid, B/W was the blue and white checked pattern, B/B was the blue-black pattern, G is the gray block and GB is the gray - blue pattern. So, I followed this chart in building each row using the block system I had made for each color/pattern. These are all the blocks stacked per row. The paper in the corner has the row number. Here is a close up of the row number. I have also place an arrow on each that is pointing left or right, this is to tell me which way to press the seams once I have the blocks sewn together in the row. You do this alternating left and right per row. This is so you can match up the seams easier and also allows the seams to lay flatter, otherwise you will have seams stacked on top of each other and end up with a lumpy quilt and seam joints. This is material I bought when Beryl and I went out to Fabric Shack last Monday. I chose this for making the wedding quilt for my friend at work. I had intended to use a material that I posted on here previously but I found that I liked this better and I like the name of the material line which is "Good Fortune" so that is a good start for a marriage quilt. That's all for tonight, I am going to start sewing the rows together and I will post my progress on that tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment