Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hello from snowy Ohio!




I am really sorry about not posting. I started a new diet before the New Year and it has taken up a lot of my time. I am doing a 28 day program with no animal products. I also gave up Diet Coke. So, I spend a lot of time planning meals and researching recipes and reading about nutrition. I am finally at a point (day 11) where I am feeling comfortable with it all.

Today we had quite a bit of snow in the morning and we were released early. I left because I don't like driving in the stuff at all! I still have flashbacks from my accident and hate feeling the car lose traction. The storm didn't turn out too bad and I could have stayed but I wanted to feel safe. Puppy, Marley and I took a nice nap and got up and had a snack.

Last weekend David and I went to IKEA to get a new TV/wall unit combo. I have been wanting one for awhile now so this is my birthday present. Once I got up from my nap I started putting the Christmas stuff away and moving things from the fireplace to the wall unit. It is going to take me awhile to get things the way I want it and I stopped when David came home because it isn't something you can do when people are around. I always find I can clean and get things done when there is no one around. I will work on it more this week and into the weekend.

I am not sure what we are going to do for my birthday since we already did IHOP/IKEA/ and Jungle Jim's last weekend. Maybe a movie and dinner, I am really thinking about breaking my diet for one day to have a little bit of steak but I don't know, we will see...maybe some chicken or salmon instead of steak.

Here is a picture of the skirt I am working on (well haven't worked on it since I told you about it previously) Now that I am more settled with the diet I will work on it more.

Well, that is about all the news for now, just trying to get through the winter in one piece! LOL

Bye for now,
Nanci

1 comment: