Total Pageviews

Monday, August 6, 2012

Updates

I've been quite busy with work tasks. I'll be glad when the next few days are over so I can catch up with my regular work. I have not done much crafting either. I worked on the baby blanket, sewing around the panel lines. I am waiting on the frame to come so that I can roll all the layers together and quilt some of the animals so they will stand out some. Then I will just need to bind it. The frame I am getting will allow me to do some free motion quilting with my current machine. I hope it turns out as well as they show it in the instructional video. It will be fun to try doing the quilting myself although it won't be the fancy stitching of the long arm quilter. I am certainly enjoying my new room. I've already had my first sewing guest over. Melissa came on Saturday and she got a binding sewn on and work on a baby quilt using the disappearing 9-patch pattern.
This is the pattern I bought to make a quilt for Beryl. I was going to do something different but then saw this with the British Union Jack so of course I have to make it for her - Limey that she is..
Beryl loves purple so these are the materials that I am going to use. In the pattern you can see they did each flag different but I am going to do them all the same. I am excited to get started on it but I have to finish up the other three that I am working on.
This is my son Mark and his new girlfriend Jaclyn. I am so happy he has found someone and they seem really well suited.
Here are our remaining children still at home...LOL
This is my new iPad. I gave Jack my laptop for school and wanted a tablet. I got the Ipad and a neat carrier that has a key pad built in for it. I like it very much the only thing I have to figure out is how to save my photos from my phone so that I can post to this blog. I am currently using the little notepad that was Jacks to post this and it is quite slow. On that note, I will say bye for now and will hopefully have more to post in the upcoming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment