Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Project

It has been another gray day here in Ohio. We had a little sleet today, I think it might snow tonight. Not enough to get me a snow day though. We still have snow on the ground from the day after Christmas, supposed to warm up a little later this week but we will see about that. Dave had his 49th birthday on Friday. I took off early and we went to lunch and a movie. Jack came over later and brought him a milkshake and got him a gift card for Longhorn Steakhouse. I think he had a good day even though he had to cook dinner. :) I started watching what I eat at the beginning of the month. Joined Weight Watchers again and decided I was only eating out once a week for lunch and started taking my lunch in. Trying to eat more fruits and vegetables plus cut down on breads and junk food. It has been going pretty good, I lost 2 pounds last week, I need to get some exercise in too and I am sure that will help. Clarinda and I went to Waynesville today so I could get some of the coordinating material that I needed. We had a nice lunch first at the Cobblestone Cafe, I had a great portabello mushroom sandwich on Focaccia bread and some fresh fruit, it was delicious. Clarinda had a wrap with cream of cauliflower soup. She hadn't had that soup before and she liked it. I love that soup but didn't have any today. After lunch we went to Fabric Shack and we spent a long time in there today, she helped me pick out the material I needed for the wedding quilt and I helped her pick out some of the new cat material they had just got in. We then went to the big JoAnn's and picked up a few things there. Came home and Dave made me a nice steak dinner. I got tired of working on the big machine trying to quilt that purple quilt, I think I have the tension issue figured out but it has been a frustrating trying to figure it all out. I decided to work on my next project instead is is another wedding quilt. It is in purple and gray. I am getting kind of tired of purple! LOL. Anyway, here are some pictures of that new quilt project and other things going on around the Pigeon Roost.
This is the pattern that I am going to make for the new quilt. I will be making the throw size and the pillow. On the pillow I am going to embroider their first names on the two side blocks (Scott and Anne) and then I will either put their last name in the middle block or I will just put a large V. In one of the bands I will put their wedding date which is 9 Feb 2013. I don't think I mentioned that I am making this for the mother of the bride as a gift from her to them. This will be my first quilt that I will get paid for!
Here is the main materials that I am using and you can see that I have cut out and sewn a few blocks already.
These are the materials I got at Fabric Shack today. I went with solids so they wouldn't over power the prints that I already have.
This is a really cute pattern I got at JoAnn's the other day, I thought it would make a really good baby gift and is different than just making a quilt.
This was my drive in to work on Wednesday. It was really foggy out on the base almost looks like ice road trucking! LOL
This was also on Wednesday, this is actually the golf course on base, guess it is time to get out the orange golf balls! I thought it was pretty to see the snow, fog, sunrise and blue sky.
I got some more scarf yarn today at JoAnn's. They had it on clearance so thought I would stock up for next years gifts and I am also going to make me a scarf because I don't have a nice one.
I decided to take a picture of my pretty in pink quilt that I have been using for about a year now I think. It is really a nice quilt and just gives me the right amount of warmth. I am always too hot when I sleep but this is just perfect, I am glad I made it for me :) Well, Mark got the box with his and Jaclyn's surprise presents but he hasn't opened it yet because he was waiting for Jaclyn to come over and he got sick this weekend so I don't know when they will open the box, I hope soon because I want to post the pictures!! Okay, time for bed here, can't believe the weekend is over already!

No comments:

Post a Comment