Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!! It has been a busy few months since the retreat. I've been working on Christmas gifts since then so haven't posted because I couldn't post any pictures or talk about what I was making. It has been the year of the scarf here in the Pigeon household. I had thought to make a few larger projects but time just ran out on me so most people got scarfs. I had a wide range that I made, some of the easier ones were the ruffle scarfs which are really easy to knit. I also sewed some scarfs out of fake fur and other materials, I got a real easy pattern from one of the quilt shops in Cincinnati. I also made one infinity scarf that I got from another quilt shop in Cincinnati. Here are a few pictures of all the scarfs I did. I missed taking pictures of 2 of the scarfs I made but I think the grand total was 10 scarfs!
Here are the pretty scarfs all in a row.
I finally bought myself an embroidery machine. I've been looking for awhile and finally settled on one. I forgot to take a picture of it but will have one for the next post. But I do have pictures of what I have embroidered. The first one is a little Christmas design that was built in design from the machine. The next one is from a disc I bought with lighthouse designs. I made my friend Ann (who is also my chiropractor) a wreath made with a rag rug technique with the embroidered lighthouse in the middle. It turned out really good and I will make some more with different themes to give as other presents.
I also made a Christmas wreath using the rag rug technique. I made it before the light house one and thinking i will make a design to go in the middle to jazz it up a bit.
I made Beryl a table runner from a kit I got at a quilt shop in Indiana. It has the purples that she likes. I have another one I want to make her for her birthday but you won't see the finished one until February since her birthday is in January and I can't post it here until after that.
I made this applique lighthouse for Rachel for her birthday, but didn't get it to her until Christmas. I was only a few months off! This was my first applique project. I really enjoyed it and will try to do others in the future.
This is the bunny I made my friend Melissa's son Jack when he was born. He is now several years older and a little worse for wear. He occaisionally comes to Miss Nanci's hospital to get sewn up. In his last visit he had some major ear work done because sister Clarissa decided to pull his ear thread out and start unraveling Bun-Bun's ear. I am very sad now because Melissa moved to New Mexico this past week and I am going to miss her terribly. I am not sure how Bun-Bun will get along, there will have to be some long distance visit to Miss Nanci's hospital.
I have been sick a couple of times since October. I had a bad flare up of my diverticulitis and was out of work for about a week. Then in December I was sick with cold/flu symptoms and missed work and had to cancel our anniversary trip to Washington DC. The puppies kept me company in bed and on the couch during my illnesses and I snapped a few pictures of them. David and I celebrated 28 years this year, hard to believe it has been that long! He got me some beautiful carnations.
Here are a few pictures of our Christmas. Pictures of Jack and Puppy and our snow storm.
Finally, I am on version 3 of the quilt I am making for my friend who got married in Oct. I started two other quilts and then didn't like them. This is the third and final version. This is the one! I have it all sandwiched and ready to be quilted on the long arm. I have had to put it off while I was making all of the Christmas gifts. I have one quilt to finish up for Christmas and it is for Mark. I can't show a picture of it or his girlfriend Jaclyn's present until after they get them. Once I get Mark's done, I will start quilting this one and hopefully have it done soon. I am hoping to work on it this weekend, I am not sure how long it will take me since it will be my very first quilt that I will fully quilt on my new machine.
Well, that's all the news for now. I need to get working on the bindning for Mark's quilt. I want to get it in the mail tomorrow. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!! Nanci

No comments:

Post a Comment