Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Gifts Complete

I finished my last Christmas gift yesterday. I made a table runner for Sherri my awesome reflexologist. She has made me feel awesome all year so I was very happy to make her something to show my appreciation. The table runner pattern is called a 10 minute table runner. It is the same pattern I used to make Beryl's runner except I made hers a bit wider. I had bought these two materials separately and when I was looking through my stacks I thought they would be great together. I was trying to download her business graphic to convert to and embroidery file but I just couldn't get it to convert. So, I looked through some embroidery designs online at Ibroidery and found this beautiful Japanese script which is the symbol for Love. I used a purple varigated embroidery thread and it really turned out beautiful. I then sewed on two buttons and added two dark blue tassels. Sherri really loved it and she is going to hang it in her office area. I think this is one of the favorite things I have made.
This is my embroidery machine in action. I really love this thing!
Here is the Japanese Love symbol. It turned out really pretty with the verigated purple thread and with the yellow background it really pops.
Here is the runner all sewn together. This is a really easy project. The middle panel is 10 inches across and the other is 18 inches across. Both are width of fabric long minus a couple inches to even up the ends. You sew the 10 inch material to the 18 inch material right sides together along each long edge. It will make a tube. You then center the 10 inch material and the extra 18 inch material will make the border for the 10 inch material it is about a 2 inch border. I then did a decorative stitch on each end so when you fold into the points you have a nice finish.
This shows the runner with the ends folded in to the points. I used an adhesive fabric glue to tack the points down and then I did the same decorative stitch straight across the folded line.
I hand sewed two buttons near the end of each folded point and then finished the ends with a tassel hanging from each button. This picture shows the finish project. It is called a table runner but I think this one looks nice as a wall hanging.
I had to stop at JoAnn's on the way home yesterday to get the buttons and tassels for the runner and there were these huge snow mountains all over the parking lot! Yesterday I also finished Mark's and Jaclyn's surprise gifts. I have them packed and ready to be taken to the post office. Once I know they received them I will post the pictures. Supposed to go to a couple quilt shops today with Clarinda. Creative Fires in Springfield has 20% all your fabric cuts. We were also going to go to Sulphur Grove so that Clarinda can see Lenny the cat. We might make Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's but will depend on how much time she has. Her dad is in a nursing home following a surgery and she goes to see him everyday. Plus we had more snow last night so need to check the road condition My plan this weekend is to work on JoAnn's quilt and possibly get it quilted in the next four days. (wish me luck) All right that is all the news for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment