Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall Pictures






Hello!

We are moving towards winter here. It has been cold and rainy all week and we had frost this morning. David and I went to the lake a few weekends ago to get our annual fall pictures. The fall colors were much nicer this year than last, we had more rain this year so the leaves didn't just dry out and fall off. We also went to the Renaissance Festival, we hadn't been there in years. It was okay but I had a hard time walking on the uneven ground. David got a turkey leg so he was happy.

Last weekend I went to the quilt retreat up North in Maria Stein, OH. I got a lot more done this time than last because I had two good hands this time. In May I had just had my thumb surgery so didn't get a whole lot done. I am working on three projects and got to different points on each of them. I am doing a Japanese lap quilt for Jessica using about 30 different Japanese prints. I am also making a purple quilt for Beryl, I think she probably won't get it until her birthday in January, it is going to be hard to get all of my Christmas projects done. The third one is in autumn colors and not sure who is getting it. We did a lot of shopping on the trip, I got a ton of fat quarters at the Ben's in Coldwater. It was an old Ben Franklin's but they dropped the Franklin's so they wouldn't have to pay the corporation for the use of the name. It is a cute little store in the middle of nowhere, they had great fabrics. We also went to the Blackberry Patch in Piqua which is one of my favorite shops and we also went to one that was going out of business that was near Celina, OH. I came home with lots more ideas for quilts and wished I had more time to work on them.

This week David gave up his computer room upstairs and I it over. I am in the process of moving all the yarn and knitting things over there as well as any extra materials and furniture. My current room is going to be a sitting room and work room for current projects. We went to Big Lots today and bought one of the stand alone fireplaces, Dave has to put it together and I can't wait to get the sitting area all done. I am looking for a small sofa to put up here and I think I found the one I like at the BX, it has a lounger on the right hand side. I will take a picture when I have it all done.

Well, I am going to go work on the Japanese quilt. I will post a picture of that when I get the top all together. I am posting pictures now of the Fall Colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment