Total Pageviews

Monday, May 16, 2011

Quilt Retreat

Hello! Sorry it has been a long time again. I had my thumb surgery about a week and a half ago. It is going pretty well, feels better each day.

I went to the quilt retreat this weekend with Melissa. I was a bit handicapped so I did not get that much done. I worked on a quilt that is going to be someone's present so I won't be posting any pictures. Melissa got about 4 quilt tops done, she is a very fast sewer. There were about 30 ladies there and they all had some really amazing quilts and completed some really nice ones too. We were at a spiritual center in the middle of no where...LOL. No TV, no internet or phone reception. We sewed until about midnight Friday and 2 am Saturday night...there wasn't much else to do! We worked up until 3 pm Sunday and stopped at Jo Ann's fabrics and Cracker Barrel on the way home. It was a really good time. They are having another one in October and I think we will be going again.

I received my offer from the government and I am filling out forms and getting all the requirements done in order to begin. I have told them that I don't want to start until after 7 July, which is when we return from Lompoc. I decided that I will be going to Jessica's graduation so I will be in Oregon for that June 12th. I am enjoying my time off!

I will try to post some pictures real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment