Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Squaring Up





I only worked on the blanket a little tonight. I had hoped to get farther but I didn't get home until later because I had massage therapy and chiropractor.

Tonight I cut off the excess edges. Everything was straight when I started sewing but as you can see things moved around. The tutorial I read on making the quilt said this would happen so it is not a bad thing. After I cut off the excess from all four sides, I folded the quilt in half and as you can see it was not square. So, I cut off that portion and ended with a squared blanket! I hope you can make out the steps in the pictures, I am never sure exactly what order the website is going to load them in.

Next step is to round the corners and then I can put the binding on and wash it. I will hopefully have it finished tomorrow night.

I am including a photo of the quilt that is in the tutorial on how to make them. It has really pretty bright colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment